52. Other Translators after Tang Dynasty
- Other Translators after Tang Dynasty
52.1 Danapala ( 施護
) 【~1017 A.D.】
- from Udyana (于闐國)
- translated 110 scriptures in 236 fascicles
- granted the title of "The Master of Revealing Teaching"
52.2 Dharmadeva / Dharmavisva ( 法天
/ 法賢 )
- from Nalandasamgharama in Central India to China
- translated 46 scriptures during 973-981 under the name of Dharmadeva
- later, he changed his name to Dharmavisva, and continued to translate
72 scriptures during 982-1001 A.D. such as
- Vajrasuci (金剛針論)
- granted the title of "the Master in Preaching Teaching"
52.3 Devasanti 天息災
- translated 19 scriptures in 59 fascicles such as
- Bodhicaryavatara (菩提行經)
- granted the title of "the Master of Understanding Teaching,"
52.4 Dharmapaka ( 法護
- from Central India to China
- translated mainly Tantric Buddhist scriptures
- translated 14 scriptures in 170 fascicles, such as
- Siksasamuccaya (大乘集菩薩學論)
- granted the title of "the Master in Preaching Brahma"