Chief Editor - Buddhistdoor (International)
The English-language arm of Buddhistdoor.com is recruiting a Chief Editor to help develop it to new levels of excellence. BD(I) is a non-profit, multi-media operation that aims to meet the fast-evolving needs of English-speaking audiences around the world who are interested in Buddhism. The position is based at Buddhistdoor’s headquarters in Hong Kong.
The Chief Editor - BD(I) –
• reports to the Editorial Chief Executive of Buddhistdoor.com
• supervises the editorial staff of BD(I)
• collaborates with the editorial team of Buddhistdoor (Chinese), the website’s Chinese-language arm
Working closely with the Editorial Chief Executive, the Chief Editor –
• Leads BD(I)’s regular planning meetings and oversees the team’s day-to-day operation;
• Organizes the work of BD(I) staff members, provides them with guidance and appraises their performance;
• Serves as gatekeeper of BD(I)’s contents and their presentation. Specifics include editing and otherwise improving the content (technically and stylistically), assuring factual accuracy, maintaining deadlines, and guarding against plagiarism as well as breaches of Buddhistdoor’s editorial policy;
• Signs off content for publication;
• Leads the ongoing search to develop fresh ideas and content for BD(I);
• Builds and maintains a network of local and international correspondents;
• Handles readers' comments, complaints and other opinions of value to BD(I);
• Participates in efforts to promote Buddhistdoor and expand its audience.
- University graduate, preferably in the humanities or liberal arts
- At least 7 years' experience in writing, reporting and/or editing work
- High standard of English as a working language; knowledge of Chinese or other languages that may benefit the work of Buddhistdoor would be an advantage
- A serious and committed worker, an effective leader as well as a good team player
Interested persons should submit an application letter, including a full resume, current salary, expected remuneration and date available.
All materials should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 19, 2014. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.